Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 66g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Pie pumpkin
- 1/2 loaf Crusty bread, cubed
- 6 ounces Gruyère cheese, cubed smallishly
- 5 Bacon slices, fried till crispy and crumbled
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground 4 peppercorn blend, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pretend like you're going to make a Jack-o-Lantern, and cut a lid from the top of the pumpkin at a 45 degree angle. Scoop out the innards (save the seeds to bake for a snack). Place the clean pumpkin in a round baking dish.
- Combine the crusty bread, cheese, garlic, bacon and thyme in the pumpkin. The quantities really depend on how big your pumpkin is; it should be at least 3/4 of the way full.
- Mix the heavy cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the contents of the pumpkin. Pop the cap back on that baby and bake it for 1-2 hours (depends on the size of your pumpkin). You'll know it's done when you can easily pierce it with a fork. If it's looking a bit soggy in there, take the cap off of the pumpkin for the last 15 minutes of baking .
- Slice and serve like a pie. Impressive.